Monday, May 27, 2013

Blog Reopening!

Hey! How are you liking the new blog? I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time; I've been working on my other blog, Emma Reader's Blog (I found a post that I didn't get to finish and post; the summary of Torn. So I'll be doing that now). As you can see, I've made some new changes to the site. It's not the final layout, but it's as good as it's going to get for now.

Let me explain some stuff. Before, I had three tabs with lists of links containing the book summaries I wrote. But I thought that was a waste, so I combined all three lists onto one page. Much better, no? I'm also going to post more book summaries and all that, but not in the exact same format. I probably won't write them, just steal them from Wiki.

That's another thing I have to tell you guys that have only been following this blog (not that many, but I'm going to say it anyway); Information Forest is now going to be a "helper" for my other blog. Helper, as in, used for the needs of Emma Reader's Blog. I had been posting my book reviews on the other blog and realized that I never posted a description of the books. So the people reading the review would have no idea what I was talking about (unless they read the book already themselves). That's probably the biggest change I made, though you might not be able to tell just by looking at it.

But like all changes, I had to delete some stuff. Below is the content that I had to remove from it's original spot on the site, but couldn't stand deleting permanently (jeez, I'm such a packrat!).

Announcements


Below are various announcements by yours truly. If you want to know when the next book summary is coming out, look here.

12/23/12

Wow. I'm really sorry! I was going to post in last month, and I just kept forgetting! I thought I was only two weeks late, not a whole month! But the Switched summary is posted now, and I didn't even put that much effort into it. I realized that the only reason why I started writing summaries in the first place was because I couldn't find them for the books I wanted in the first place. So, it's up there. I'll be posting the summary for the sequel shortly in a similar format.

11/24/12

Looks like I won't be posting the Switched summary this week. Perhaps next week I will have more time.

11/18/12

I've decided to read Switched; a relatively shorter book compared to the Seven Realms series. At the moment, I'm about fifty pages in. It's not very much, but I hope to post the summary by the end of the week.

11/12/12

I just finished typing up the Exiled Queen summary! Talk about tiring. I wrote twenty pages worth of summary information, but I was just so tired of this that I edited big chunks of the story out of the summary. It still is a very long one though. One of these days I'm going to have to go back and edit each one. Hopefully my summaries will get shorter.

11/11/12

I'm finishing up The Exiled Queen today. I should be able to post the summary as early as tomorrow!

About Site 


Welcome to my site.

If you randomly stumbled across this site, heard a friend talking about it, etc, you probably don't know what this is all about. After all, the name of my blog isn't that revealing, is it? The truth is, I made this blog without posting anything on it way before I started typing this. Sure, I could have started fresh, but I thought, "What's wrong with this blog?" The answer: nothing. So I kept it.

Now, this blog is about books. If your a fire-breathing, sword-using, marshmallow-eating book hater, I'm kicking you out of my site (virtually, of course). It's mainly for my own use, but I can share. I'll be writing a short (or very, very long) summary about the books I read so that I can remember everything about the books in a series after waiting a year or so for the next book to come out. However, if there is already a suitable summary somewhere in the World Wide Web, then I will be posting that instead. This is not a replacement for reading books!

This idea came a little belated, so I might start writing summaries in the middle of a series. But when I have time (or when I can find the books), I'll fill in the blanks. As far as this making-a-site thing, I have about half a percent of experience. But, as a newbie, I'll try my best to be as informational as possible.

Thanks for reading all this; enjoy!

-Emma Reader

Protected by Copyscape Original Content Check 
Please do not copy any published text, images, etc from this website. All images and text belong to their respective owners. If you would like to use something from this site, please contact me at xxemmareaderxx@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment